Aspire 5750-6634 Performance decreasing suddenly

Options
muddog15
muddog15 Member Posts: 2 New User

Up until a couple months ago, my Aspire 5750-6634 laptop has been a wonderful computer, and now it's slow as molasses all the sudden.

I've tried everything, from a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium, to replacing the Hard-drive and ram (Only shows 2/6 Gigabytes of ram, reguardless of what cards I use)

I've also checked for recalls reguarding this laptop, and none seem to apply to my laptop.

I'm lost as to what I can do from here, any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If you have tried other good memory dimms and only show 2GB of 6, you may have a hardware problem where one of the slots is not working.

Remove one dimm and start the laptop. If it boots and shows the memory, shut down and switch to the other slot and repeat.

You can also run the memory diagnostic tool.

To run the Memory Diagnostics Tool manually

If the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool doesn't run automatically, you can run it manually.

1. Open Memory Diagnostics Tool by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems.Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Choose when to run the tool.

• muddog15
    muddog15 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I've tried all listed, both slots are working.
    I think it's probably a bios problem.
    I'm getting ready to ditch acer products, as this is my second acer laptop to ***** out.