Aspire 5738 dvd/cd problem.

Options
Skap
Skap Member Posts: 6 New User

My Acer Aspire 5738 doesn't recognize dvd/cd inserted in the dvd/cd drive. Whenever I insert any dvd/cd it doesn't show up in windows explorer. Hard drive and any USB drive does show up buy cd/dvd doesn't! Also dvd/cd runs for few seconds then the drive opens with dvd/cd.

Please help.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    ou You may open device manager, expand CD/DVd drive, click on drive name and select properties to check for any error message, try running this fixIT tool  FixIT tool
    Open device manager, uninstall the CD drive and restart your computer, windows will automaticallt the CD drive driver.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

There can be several reasons why you are facing this issue. To troubleshoot the same, you can refer to the instructions mentioned on the following link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060/

Hope this will help you.

• Skap
    Skap Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Sharanji,

I did expand the drive in device manager, clicked for properties, In properties window, under General tab and Device Status: No error message but This device is working properly. It seems there some other reason for this problem.

Skap