Aspire 5733Z-4851 crack by power button

Options
Ethana945
Ethana945 Member Posts: 18 New User

So a while, there's a crack by where the power button is. Sometimes if I open it, it will turn on. But sometimes, it'll do a force shutdown, even if i don't want to. The case would often budge up if I open it, so I have to hold it down while opening it.

Does anyone know how can I fix this? I tried looking for a empty shell case, but have no luck. Does anyone know where Ican buy a replacement shell?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,055 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Could you post here a picture by indicating the part concerned?

France
  • Ethana945
    Options

20160408_121137.jpg

Here's what it looks like. Sorry if it's not the best quality, but it's the best.

I figured out that I need to get a palmrest, but I don't want to dissamble my laptop since it's the only functional one.

As long it doesn't get any worse, i can deal with this.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

You will have to replace the upper case with touch pad+button+HDD caddy:

Spoiler
    60.RJW02.001COVER.UPPER.W/TP

First column is the part number. You can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by phone or by chat. Unfortunately there is no other solutions.

France
  • Ethana945
    Options

Okay, thanks!

I already told my dad to get the part, so I'll get it repaired.

Does anyone know what causes it to bulge like that. Is it the hinges? I don't think so, since they're not making it worse like my mom's old laptop.

BTW, is it simple to replace it, or do I need to take it to a repair shop that can replace it? Cause I don't wanna break it myself.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Watch this video. You will already have an opinion... it's not really simple.

France