Aspire 5733 CD not working. device manager says working properly. Can you help troubleshoot?

Options
breauxmann
breauxmann Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

As noted above. Seems to be no power going to CD rom.  light does not come on.  door does not open,  does not play cd

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

with a disc inside your CD rom, if you right click on CD rom deivce and select eject, it will work?

if not, i suspect an hardware issue and you need to change your CD rom player.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

with a disc inside your CD rom, if you right click on CD rom deivce and select eject, it will work?

if not, i suspect an hardware issue and you need to change your CD rom player.

• breauxmann
    Options

no. seems like there's no power going to the cd

• breauxmann
    Options

If it is a hardware issue, are the cd roms easy to change out, I mean is it any harder than changing a hard drive. remove the screws that hold it in, unplug, remove insert new cd rom, plug in, secure screws ect...?  Are the fits universal for Acer lap tops?  I'll probably look on tiger direct or some place to find one.  Thoughts?

• IronFly
    Options

normally there is a screw that lock the cd rom driver to the laptop, so it's easy to change it.

you must know the exact part numerb to search for a spare part.

• breauxmann
    Options

the upper and lower filters are not in the registry (???)  Could this be part of the issue?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options