Aspire 5733-6838 updates?

Ephesians5
Ephesians5 Member Posts: 2 New User

So I was looking around the Acer site because I can't seem to find the ACC application on my machine (Aspire 5733-6838) and found that there are no App/BIOS/Driver etc., etc. updates since 2013. Are there seriously none for it. I didn't figuer on "no longer supported" after only 3 years. I just want to make sure everything is as current as it can be. Any suggestions besides SlimDriver?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi

Sometimes there are no updates for certain drivers because your existing driver is found to be perfectly OK with no bugs!

I'd suggest to try the vendors site for the latest - for example, graphics: Go to Intel/Nvidia/AMD's site & check for updates, or alternatively go to device manager, expand the sections, right click & select "Update Driver".

Programs like Slimdriver can sometimes find "wrong" drivers for your system which may cause errors/instability or even BSOD's so make sure you've backed up first!

• Ephesians5
    Ephesians5 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks Finflux

I was hoping for a different answer. But you know what they say, "You can wish in one hand..." Hahaha.

So really it's just a matter of going through my hardware list and going to each vendor site to check for updates?

Sounds tedious, but man's gotta do what a man's gotta do I guess.

I really think what I am looking for is video related. On a certain FtP game, the rindering will freeze, screen will go black, and then everything will come back up and work smooth as glass... for about 3 minutes, then do it all over agian. It's like the vid card is refreshing or something. Was hoping a new update for it would fix the issue. Maybe I need to try getting a new machine. It's not bad, but it is 3 years old.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Yes, it is tedious, but 100% effective!

The problem is, games/graphics advance quickly, but hardware stays the same - so there comes a point where newer games drag the system down. I agree 3 years isn't old, but in technology, it's a lifetime Smiley LOL