Aspire 5732Z & 5734Z

Options
acerdeville
acerdeville Member Posts: 8 New User

I have actually two questions, at least. I don't really know which way to go, or if I'm going to do anything. I have an Aspire 5732Z laptop with a keyboard that is missing about 10 keys. I also have a 5734Z that has a bad LCD screen, it still works, it's just extrememly fuzzy, and everything has a pink hue. I have it attached to my TV by a VGA cable (no HDMI port), and the picture is perfect, so that tells me it's the LCD and not a driver, or video card. 

Any way, both pc's work great, they are a little underpowerd now, but they work perfect. I'm uising the 5734 to stream netflix, and I use the 750 HDD I put in to replace the original 200GB as a secondary backup storaged devide, the 5732 I keep in a clost just to have if I need a spare. My first thing is I want to find out what it will cost to get a replacement keyboard, I can replace it, if it's cost feasable, I'm not going to  fix it for what I can get a new laptop for. But what I have actually been wanting to find out, is can I take the lid witht the good screen off the 5732 and use it to replace the entire lid on the 5734, or can I just swap out the LCD panels? That way I take two bad pc's and make one good one, or should I look at just buying another used laptop.

As I said I'm using one to stream netflix, and really I need to set it up so that my 9 y/o can use it to play some educational dvd's we got him. Right now he's using an ancient Dell Tower, that was originally specially ordered with XP instead of the default Windows 98. Yeah that old, it sort of works to play those DVD's but it does get real sluggish in some intensive area's of those games. So I would like to use one of these laptops, but it would require either an external monitor, or an external keyboard. So I will take any suggestions offered.  

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

I guess you are American. I think with less 150USD you can repair yours laptops.

For Aspire 5732Z:

KB.I170A.140 - KEYBOARD US-INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH 99 KEYS (20~30USD)

For Aspire 5734Z:

I suggest you this US website. Type Aspire 5734Z in the search box to see all model of this one.

About the external monitor, there are many models so that's difficult to give you an advise.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

I guess you are American. I think with less 150USD you can repair yours laptops.

For Aspire 5732Z:

KB.I170A.140 - KEYBOARD US-INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH 99 KEYS (20~30USD)

For Aspire 5734Z:

I suggest you this US website. Type Aspire 5734Z in the search box to see all model of this one.

About the external monitor, there are many models so that's difficult to give you an advise.

France
  • acerdeville
    acerdeville Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Thank you so much that is exactly  what I needed to know. With that information, I can do exactly what I need to do. 

First yes I am American, second I think you misunderstood my question. I was asking about how to save at least one of the two, either by buying the parts or combining the two. After I searched for a while, I realized I didn't know any part numbers, and didn't want to waste time and money buying something that didn't work. After then looking at the Acer website I was unable to get the information that I needed. 

Now since posting that the pc that needs the keyboard, when I open the Device Manager all of the USB entries have a yellow triangle, and neither of the USB ports work any more, so no external mouse, and the touchpad stops working intermittently. See both of these machines are over 10 years old, and they have been great machines and I know that if nothing else, I can use one of them for parts to keep the other one going. But, not only do they have parts that have quit working but when I am attempting to do the work I need to do, they are both so underpowered that they lock up. Also, the company I am contracted with requires a 17" screen as I'm doing things that require a large viewing area, and both of these pc's are only 15.6 inch. I know that at the rate they are going both are going to be broken too bad to be useable, unless I take action. I only have need for one of these, and I'm going to put the other one in the closet, whether I'm using it for parts, or for a spare/loaner. Either way only one will be used, so why not use one for parts, so that I save Money, and don't have to spend that 100 dollars you mentioned. 

The underlined parts are the main reasons why I was asking the specific question I asked.

[edited to comply with guidelines - please keep it courteous]

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

We don't know what country are the members. I needed this information to determinate the keyboard version.

Well I assumed you were american.

If I was what you say, I won't be helping the members all over the world. Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

France