Aspire 5560G - Synaptics Touchpad not Scrolling - Windows 8.1

Options
youngtusk87
youngtusk87 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hey all,

I got this Aspire 5560G about three years ago and it was running Windows 7. I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and have managed to find and install all the drivers I need for my lapop to run smoothly, except for the touchpad.

Although it works for moving the cursor and double-tapping to open files etc, it doesn't work to scroll pages. I have tried downloading the latest driver on the Acer Drivers page but it doesn't change any features.

Any tips?

Answers

• Ahazuarus
    Ahazuarus Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

It sounds like the synaptics software is not installed.  If the synaptics software is indeed installed, sometimes the scroll function is not enabled and you just need to turn it on.  This is done in the same place where you change the mouse cursor, you should have a synaptics tab.  If its not there, the synaptics software is not installed.

• youngtusk87
    Options

Thank you for the reply. 

The software is indeed installed, here is a screenshot:

Mouse Settings.jpg

This is what shows up when I click "Settings"

Mouse Settings-02.jpg

I found on some other threads on the net that it might be related to how WIndows 8.1 was installed. I don't think I installed in UEFI (Legacy) mode.

Could that be the issue? Is there a way I can confirm how I installed it?

Thanks!

• youngtusk87
    Options

Haven't had any luck with this so far, I think I'll try installing in legacy mode to see if that fixes it.

Has anyone done this before? Any help/tips?

• youngtusk87
    Options

Anyway, today i bought a Surface Pro 3 and it's amazing. So my Windows 8 upgrade is pretty much worthless to me now. I'd be willing to sell the Upgrade key to anyone whose interested.