Aspire 5560G No Ethernet Driver Windows 10

Options
ViolentKen
ViolentKen Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi Acer Community.

I just registered here today as I need to ask a question regarding my Aspire 5560G laptop problem.

Couple of days ago, I just upgraded my version of Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home 64 bit.  Everything was good except that I had some problem with my AMD Catalyst driver and software, but I managed to solve it, so everything was good with my display adapter. 

I checked on Device Manager, and I did not find any issues at all, which usually would shown with a yellow exclamation icon.  So I assumed that everything was good.

But, recently, I tried to plug in the ethernet cable to my laptop, well just to see if it's work because it worked before.  I'm not using ethernet cable, I'm using wifi to connect to my wireless router, but just in case, I was just checking on my ethernet connection if it's working or not.

Right after I plugged in my ethernet cable, there's nothing happened.  There's light blinking on the socket and static yellow light, but no connection made.  I've checked on the network setting icon on the right side of the taskbar but obviously there's no connection.  I would assume that the icon would immediately changed into ethernet connection like it supposed to be.

I've already install every drivers, and everything work perfectly, except the ethernet connection.  I've tried installing the legacy driver for the ethernet manually, but device manager keep showing me that the driver is not working.  I've downloaded the latest driver, but nothing come to success. 

So, I really hope that I can find the answer here because I think I've tried few ways and tried several times just to get the ethernet working.  I may not use the ethernet and might not be using it to connect to the internet, but I don't like the feelings of having a device that is not 100% working, lol.  I hope you guys understand.

Below are the screenshots of my system that might help.

screenshot 1.jpg

No issues on my driver list, but as far as I'm concerned, there should be more under the Network Adapters drop down list.

screenshot 2.jpg

There's only my wifi adapter available in Network Connections setting.

screenshot 3.jpg

Best Answer

• ViolentKen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi there brummyfan2,

Sorry for the late respond.  I tried your solution but it didn't work.  Fortunately, the problem has been solved.  I guess Windows Update automatically repaired the issues because I noticed one of the downloads from Windows Update list is the Ethernet Driver itself.  I guess that solved the problem.  Now I can see the driver visible under the drop down list of network adapters (device manager) and Adapter settings window.

Anyway, thank you so much for your feedback.  I really appreciate it. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options

Try removing the Wi-Fi connection, connect ethernet cable, reboot the laptop and see whether it fixes the problem, once you got the connection, create the wi-fi connection. HTH.

• huggysw
    huggysw Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

I have the same problem with my Aspire 5250-BZ455 Wi-Fi runs great but Ethernet won't work...  When I run troubleshooter it complains about the the device not having an IP address, drat...  I even bought a USB dongle to try to move the problem to a USB port, no joy, same problem...  Trying to get a new driver set from a newer Aspire user and see if that will fix it...  If u find a fix please let me know too...

Steve Huggins

Wi-Fi only Aspire user...

• huggysw
    Options

Tried that, didn't work...

Steve

• huggysw
    Options

Sorry, tried the Wi-Fi turn off, didn't work...

Steve

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

on device manager, click on view and select show hidden devices.

the etherner adapter is completly missing from the classic list.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • huggysw
    Options

Doubleclick on Network Adapters, that will get u to the Ethernet Drivers...

Huggy

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have you enabled hidden devices on device manager?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • huggysw
    Options

Yes, but it's not needed, by double clicking "Network adapters" all the devices come up, including Ethernet...

Huggy

• ViolentKen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi there brummyfan2,

Sorry for the late respond.  I tried your solution but it didn't work.  Fortunately, the problem has been solved.  I guess Windows Update automatically repaired the issues because I noticed one of the downloads from Windows Update list is the Ethernet Driver itself.  I guess that solved the problem.  Now I can see the driver visible under the drop down list of network adapters (device manager) and Adapter settings window.

Anyway, thank you so much for your feedback.  I really appreciate it. 

• ViolentKen
    Options

I tried the 'show hidden devices' method as you mentioned, but I can't see any Ethernet related driver.  But I am glad now that the problem has been solved.  Windows Update shows the driver update within its download list.  I performed an Automatic Update and now the Ethernet driver is working as it should.  

Thank you so much for the respond Mr. IronFly.  I really appreciate it.  

• ViolentKen
    Options

Hi there huggysw,

My problem has been solved.  Luckily enough, the driver has been installed via Windows Update.  I can see that the Ethernet Driver is automatically downloaded through Windows Update alongside with other updates.  Now, the Ethernet driver is visible under the Network Adapters drop down list (Device Manager) and inside the Adapter Settings window (Network and Sharing Center).  Everything is working fine now.