Aspire 5536

aserac
aserac Member Posts: 3 New User

I have Disc 1 and 2 recovery discs and would like to know how to clean and restore my computer using the discs.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer

Hello,

What OS do you use?

France
  • aserac

Hi Windows 10 which I updated to. I got my files taken over by the ransom terrorists yesterday who encrypted ALL my files with RSA2048. Any suggestions would be appreciated please in simple language I am not a comp geek! lol

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you need to completly wipe your HDD
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html
    download the .iso file
    then use a software to burn CD/DVD or USB flash drive and burn the .iso file
    once done, put the CD/DVD/USB on your PC, boot from CD/USB
    press F12 at boot and choose CD or USB
    at the desktop
    select your HDD
    right click on your HDD icon and choose delete all partitions and click on yes and then apply
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/delete-all-partitions.html#howto

then you can boot in the same way using your Disks.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • aserac

Hi! An update. While some of my files are under .locky I can still function on the rest of my computer, i.e. emails, on this forum. I am now thinking it might be too radical to clean whole machine. i tried Malwarebytes and it did not touch it. It scanned the .locky files and said no viruses. Can I not just clean out my document files? i tried putting them in the recycle bin. Thanks for your instructions and I printed them and if I need to I will go that route.

Apparently these bandits are not so smart and they have left a copy of the key on my machine, so where is it? Microsoft said likely in application data>microsoft>crypto>RSA

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i doubt you will find the crypto key on your computer and i really suggest you to erase completly your HDD.

I'm not an Acer employee.