Aspire 5536 5236 MS265 beep codes, no boot, no display

JRW
JRW Member Posts: 2 New User

When the power button is pressed the notebook has power, battery, HDD leds on; no display; fan starts but stops after tone errors stop then power led stays on. The error tone is 5 cycles of longer low buzz, short higher buzzes (__- __- __- __- __-). I've attempted running through a HDMI monitor using Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 without success. I've used the sequences below without success. Before the notebook stopped working there was a faulty power socket on the motherboard which has since been replaced. Their was an increased frequency of BSOD before the notebook stopped completely. The BIOS has not been flashed but was updated about 6 months before the notebook died. Is their anything else I can try before I strip and reuse to repair other notebooks?

Option 1
-> Deattach Battery and AC Cord - leave 10 mins.
-> Hold Power Button > than 20 secs.
-> Replace Battery.
-> Hold Power Button until Battery Light starts to flash, KEEP HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON IN DO NOT RELEASE IT, attach AC Cord then let go of Power Button and watch it spring back into life.

Option 2
-> Deattach battery and AC Cord.
-> Reset Ram Modules.
-> Hold Power Button a while.
-> Replace AC Cord (not Battery) and turn computer on.

Option 3
-> Deattach battery and AC Cord.
-> Press Power Button 10 times, on 11th time hold Power Button 30 seconds, release Power Button, attach AC Cord (no Battery), then Power up.

Option 4
--> If this doesn't work, turn it completely off and try pressing and holding F8 BEFORE powering the laptop on, and see if you can get into bios settings

Answers

• JRW
    JRW Member Posts: 2 New User

234 views, anyone... anyone... anyone...