Aspire 5520 not connecting to wireless network

CletsErepairs
CletsErepairs Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I just got a Aspire 5520 from a friend. Before I restored it to factory i was able to connect to my secure wireless network. Now that i have restored it, I can connect but then the enet mangatment will connect but then disconnect. but the windows icon says its connected. but it will not get past my router or anything and if i try to acess my router from my aspire it will not load the page. my router is fine i have several other devieces connected to it that have no problem. I have checked my router settings to make sure the settings in the comp is right i have a wpa2-personal with a apk securtiy. the router itslef is a belkin n600. can someone please assist me. since this machine is not under warrenty i cann't ask acer support.  

Also i can connect to any unsecured with no problem

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Hi..

Below the power button, you will see the Wireless communication button/indicator ( the first button from the left),
    This indicates the  the status of wireless LAN communication, please check if it is enabled or disabled.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!
  • CletsErepairs
    it is enabled. i can connect to non secure networks. but not to my secure network. as a matter of fact i am using this machine on a none secure network. the light for the WLAN card is flashing orange.
  • Sharanji
    Open control panel >network and Internet > Manage Wireless Network, remove all previous connections
    To remove, right click to select each wireless connection and click "remove" , then connect to your secured network.

I believe the problem is that you assumed WPA2 with AES would be applied when you set up the wireless profile in "Manage Wireless Connections" but those settings need to match the ones used when you set up your router, otherwise they won't stick.

So you should go into your routers settings to ensure that you have it properly secured. This would typically be at 192.168.x.x etc. Then create a new wireless profile using the security settings which you enabled in your router.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!
  • CletsErepairs
    I have checked my router settings and compared them to my wireless adapter settings. Done this several times that's why i know it worked before the factory restore. I work on computers and never had this problem with any other comp.
  • Sharanji

You may refresh the wireless adapter driver in device manager to check the issue.

Open device manager > expand network adapter > right click and unsinatll the wireless adapter.

Then click on Action > scan for harwdare changes to restore the uninsatlled device driver.

Then connect your wireless network and check if the issue is resolved.

• CletsErepairs

maybe this pic will help i have done everything possible including the refreshing the adaptor and the pic shows what i have going on with my connection

wireless issue.jpg

• Sharanji

Thank you for sending the picture.

As per the picture there is no issue with any seeting or wireless adapter on your computer.

You need to tweek the router settings to fix the issue.

In order to isolate the issue, I suggest you to connect the laptop to another network and check the settings.

• CletsErepairs
    Ate you not reading my posts fully i can connect to a unsecured network no problem. Also even though it says i am connected to the network i cannot access my router using 192.168.x.x when the Acer enet connects to my network it disconnects within seconds but the wireless settings says i am connected but only to the point in the pic.
  • CletsErepairs

Here is a pic of my router settings so you can see i know what i am talking about.

Capture.PNG