Aspire 5336 and Windows Update

Options
stevetheboy
stevetheboy Member Posts: 1 New User

Greetings!

I have an Acer Aspire 5336 that I have performed a factory reset on.

It has Win7 Home premium and is as new. The factory restore was performed due to a bad Win10 upgrade.

Prior to the factory restore everything was 100%

However, I can perform Windows updates upto and including Window7 SP1.

Then I have to 'Install New Windows Update Software'. This appears to go Ok however once done windows will constantly search for new updates without success and without reporting any errors.

I have tried to search for an answer to this but so far withoput success.

I have previously tried Fixit and have tried with and without virus software and firewall.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Now would be the time to backup your important files and make recovery discs while you still have the chance.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12866#_ga=1.147340151.1572155913.1438659547

Edit: After you back up your important files and make your recovery discs and also your drivers and applications disc, my advice would be to access a command prompt from outside of windows and run diskpart clean to completely wipe your Hard Drive....and then re-install using your recovery discs.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • eddie1935
    eddie1935 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

acer 5551-a-b managed to factory restore from messy windows10(could not cope)  Inow have7 home premium.WIth help from vigin media i now have TV anywhere, Virgin email, CELTIC TV.TRYIN to upgrade WINDOWS DEFENDER ETC,UPGRADES  failed.???

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]