Aspire 5250 - Windows 10 drivers?

Options
Obysk
Obysk Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Aspire 5250 that I purchsed with Windows 7 Home x64 pre-installed. My system qualified for the free Windows 10 upgrade and I installed Windows 10 yesterday. Now that my system is on Windows 10, I would like to perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I prefer a clean install over an upgrade, especially since this was still the original install from almost 4 years ago).

When I view the Aspire 5250 downloads page I see that there is no option for Windows 10 drivers, only Windows 7 and 8. I then noticed another help page that lists all of the Acer systems which will receive Windows 10 support (like drivers and utilities) and the Aspire 5250 was not on that list.

When I perform my clean install, should I just use the Windows 8 drivers?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Best Answer

• brummyfan3
    brummyfan3 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There are no drivers for Win 10 in Acer support, we need to be patient, in the meantime we need to use either Win8 or 8.1 drivers.

Answers

• brummyfan3
    brummyfan3 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There are no drivers for Win 10 in Acer support, we need to be patient, in the meantime we need to use either Win8 or 8.1 drivers.
  • Obysk
    Obysk Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thank you brummyfan3, I will try using the Windows 8 drivers and hope for the best. I don't forsee having any problems but I figured I should ask first.