SunderAbi
SunderAbi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Brief specification of laptop:

Core 2 Duo SU9400

2gb

Graphics:Intel GMA 45OOMHD and ATI MOBILITY RADEON 4330

My problem:

I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 7 64 and everything went smooth.

But i'm unable to install driver for the Radeon HD433O or use it or switch from Intel GMA.

Device manager detects it as Standard VGA Adapter and code 10(the device cannot start).

Intel GMA works fine as windows install driver by itself automatically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And during windows update, it install the latest graphics for the Intel,ONLY.

Steps DONE:

1)Installing drivers from Acers website, for both Intel and Amd:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/1194?b=1

Intel setup shows hardware didn't meet the requirement and Amd driver installation crashes.

2)Tried drivers from Intel and Amd ,respectively, same issue. 

3)Tried uninstalling Intel current driver(Latest) and using from Acer website, everything fails.

Bios has been updated.

Result:I am totally clueless and found no solution on how to install driver for ATI 4330 and make it switchable.

Help, if possible,would much appreciated beyond words, thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 7 64 >>>

Where did you get this fresh copy? And how did you install it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SunderAbi
    Options

It was a copy from back when MSN/Digital was providing untouched ones.

I did a custom installation, not a upgrade.

• JackE
    Options

This issue is probably due to your custom installation using MSN-generic Win7 media. However, some ACER hardware can rely on using ACER-specific Win7 installation media to operate properly.  Accordingly, if the hidden eRecovery partition on your hard drive is still intact, you can return your 4810tg to a factory-fresh Win7 state with the option of saving your data by following this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SunderAbi
    Options

so, not a solution and Acer didn't think about long term support?

• JackE
    Options

All the ACER hardware on your machine was thoroughly tested to run properly within the Win7 environment that is available on the hidden eRecovery partition. Most major mfrs have similar recovery methods due to machine-specific distinguishing features that often are only partly- or even non-functional under generic Windows versions or other operating systems. If your system fails to properly operate in the factory-fresh environment, then there is a likely graphics hardware problem. That is the main reason why I suggested trying the eRecovery.  Jack E/NJ       

Jack E/NJ