Aspire 1430Z-4677 memory upgrade question

Options
x2h
x2h Member Posts: 12 New User

I would like to upgrade the memory of my Aspire 1430Z-4677 netbook. It currently has 3 GB, and the Acer prodcut website says it's upgrade to max 4 GB. However the Crucial.com website says it's upgradable to 8 GB. Could someone from Acer give me an official answer here? Thanks a lot for helping!

Best Answer

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

your cpu is capable of adressing a maximum of 8 gb of ram, though you must have a 64 bit Operating system  for it to see all 8 gb as 32 bit will see a maximum of only 4 gb, whether your current bios is capable of seeing all 8 gb comes into question and that i don`t know, but if your reading others have done it then the only way to know is to try it for yourself.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,577 Trailblazer
    Options

Did you run the scanner?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• x2h
    Options

if you mean the scanner from the Crucial website, yes I ran it and it says it's upgradable to 8 GB. And I have seen from other reviewers on Amazon that they upgraded it to 8 GB against the official spec of 4 GB. Just wanted to confirm with Acer that this is actually ok. Thanks.

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

your cpu is capable of adressing a maximum of 8 gb of ram, though you must have a 64 bit Operating system  for it to see all 8 gb as 32 bit will see a maximum of only 4 gb, whether your current bios is capable of seeing all 8 gb comes into question and that i don`t know, but if your reading others have done it then the only way to know is to try it for yourself.

• x2h
    Options

Great thanks. My system is indeed 64 bit.