Asking for a password on boot up

Options
Aaronwhite91
Aaronwhite91 Member Posts: 2 New User

I booted my laptop up and before loading any screens at all it asks for a password, I have read this may be a BIOS password I have removed the battery from the motherboard to no avail I have attached a screen shot. Please advise. IMG_3020.JPG

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options

Has anyone other than you been using this laptop just before you first saw this screen?

What model and operating system do you have?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rogertriton
    rogertriton Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

Is it still under warranty? Might want to call Acer if so.

• Aaronwhite91
    Aaronwhite91 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I'm not sure if someone else has used. Was put in away for a few weeks. The model is Asus X552C notebook. and is on windows 8 operating system.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options

From your screen description, it does seem like the bios was set for a password. Unfortunately, this could've been done from inside  the windows 8 interface by mistake. Do you think it's possible someone else might've used your laptop who may have inadvertently set a bios password? If not, you might want to join and present your issue to this special sub-section of a gaming forum for your particular notebook brand.  

http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?107-NON-ROG-ASUS-Notebooks-and-Tablets

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

As far as I know, Acer doesn't build or sell Asus laptops so, you might have better luck asking people who are knowledgable on Asus laptops.