After formatting my Aspire 4720Z and putting Windows 7, wireless adapter can not be found.

Options
dr_p_m
dr_p_m Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have an Acer Aspire 4720Z. Since long I had been using XP. Recently it was formatted and Windows 7 was installed. But after this upgradation, the WLAN is not working. Have banged my head with drivers and all.

Device manager is showing Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi miniport adapter (although with XP it simply showed by the name of WLAN adapter as far as I remember). And checking it's properties it says that the device is working properly. When Intel Wi-Fi Technology is tried to get started, it says that 'A supported intel wireless network adapter not found'.

Help me guys......

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,095 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

In the properties, you'll find in the last tab the ID device. Copy and paste in your reply.

Which OS do you have 32 or 64 bits?

France
  • dr_p_m
    dr_p_m Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am using Windows Home Basic Edition 32 bit.

Properties of which device? And where to look?

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Under device Manager, If you fo not find the Device under Other Devices / Unknown Devices, then its mostlikely the issue with Network adapter, needs replaced
  • n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter
    Options

Do recall what WIFI caed you have in there ? For instance I use an Intel

4965G adapter and had to load the driver from Intel's site in order

for it to work. I run W7 Ultimate 64 bit on a modified Aspire 5315.

Even with all that a Intel driver had to be loaded up.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,095 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello dr_p_m,

dr_p_m wrote:

Device manager is showing Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi miniport adapter (although with XP it simply showed by the name of WLAN adapter as far as I remember). And checking it's properties it says that the device is working properly. When Intel Wi-Fi Technology is tried to get started, it says that 'A supported intel wireless network adapter not found'.

1- Uninstall the driver of Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi miniport adapter

2- Go to this device, properties and details tab. You'll find the Hardwares Ids.

3- Download and install the correct driver here:

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver8.0.0.3328.3 MB2010/07/01Download
    Wireless LANBroadcomWireless LAN Driver5.100.249.223.1 MB2010/07/01Download
    Wireless LANIntelWireless LAN Driver13.1.1.141.5 MB2010/07/01Download
    France