Adapter to read Lite-On CMT-128L3M 128GB Mini PCIe mSATA SSD

Options
heavenlee
heavenlee Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Acer Forum,

I have an Aspire S7-391 running Win8.1 that won't power up or boot and I will be sending it in for warranty repair. Acer Tech Support told me the hard drive content would be restored to factory default or lost.  Before sending the unit in I would like to retrieve some recent data from the drive since the last semester backup.  The hard drive is a Lite-On CMT-128L3M 128GB Mini PCIe mSATA Solid State Drive (50mm x 30mm).  There are quite a few mSATA SSD to 2.5-Inch SATA adapters available.  I have tried one made by Syba which recognized the drive's make and model when connected to but not the file system.  I could not read the data on it.

Does anyone know of an adapter that will work with the specifice Lite-On SSD?  Thank you in advance for your suggestion and time.

Regards,

A desperate student.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

This works with every HDD I've connected it to.http://www.apricorn.com/sata-wire-3.html

• heavenlee
    heavenlee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for your response and suggestion.  The SSD I have does not have a 2.5" SATA interface.  It has a mSATA interface.

Since my original post I have researched and discovered more info about the Aspire S7-391 laptop.  The mSATA SSD is configured from factory with RAID 0 with striping.  It is no wonder none of the mSATA to SATA adapters I have tried would work.  I am now looking for a mSATA adapter with RAID capability.

Thx.