Acer one AOA 110 not connecting to Internet

Tom123
Tom123 Member Posts: 13 New User

Hi my Acer One won't connect the last time this happened I was told by technical to press alt/F2 and the run to Add old to a file called mizzial but it says file not found when I enter word into the text box.  Any help would be much appreciated 

thanks 

Best Answer

• Tom123
    Answer ✓

Hi all sorted you got me thinking about the memory stick, so made another with a new stick, turned verything back on and restore worked.

Thanks for all your help.

Tom123

Spoiler

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Did you try to push the wireless button on the right-hand front edge of the netbook? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tom123

Yep done that, have also tryied a recovery restor but the usb is not recognised looks like it's in a bad way.

• JackE

OK. Can you confirm that your router is OK? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tom123

Hi Yes all working fine must be something more than just the Internet fault programs not opening as wall!

• JackE

>>>also tryied a recovery restor >>>

How did you try to recover & restore? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tom123

hi I have the recovery software on a memory stick as this model is not fitted with a cd drive but for some reason the USB ports aren't working.

• JackE

OK. Cold boot. At the logo screen, press F2 to enter the bios menu. Go to 'main' dropdown. Do you see an item labelled D2D recovery? If no, just press F10, save & exit. Allow windows to boot up. Report back.

If you do see the D2D item, this may indicate that you have a hidden recovery partition on your hard disk. Make sure D2D is enabled. Press F10, save & exit again. Allow windows to boot up. Then close windows and power down the machine. Then follow this Acer recovery video. Please note, you have 2 recovery option. First, as shown in the video, you can recover to a factory fresh state but lose all your data. Or you can recover to an almost factory fresh state while trying to save the data. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tom123

Hi yes I do have D2D recovery and enabled.  I have checked and I haven't mentioned that the OS is Linpus Linux Lite not Windows sorry for any confusion 

• JackE

OK. Do you recall or otherwise know what the factory-installed OS was? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Tom123

This was the factory set OS from new.

• JackE

>>>I have the recovery software on a memory stick>>>

Did you make this recovery stick or was it supplied with the system when new? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tom123

Made it with the recovery disc provided, I have used it once before when this same thing happened. But after I logged off it went back to not working then I contacted technical to resolve.

• JackE

OK. We have two more things to try. First, power down. Insert the recovery stick. Then power up to cold boot. At the Acer logo screen press F2 to re-enter the bios menu. Go to the boot menu. If a USB boot port option exists, change the boot order so that it is first. Then press F10, save and exit. Report back with results. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tom123

I have three USB options

1 USB HDD : USB DISK 2.0

2 USB FDD

3 USB CD-ROM 

i take its the first on , still boots up as before.

• JackE

Do you see a HDD boot option (Not a USB HDD) anywhere in the bios menu? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tom123

No afraid not. Tom123

• JackE

>>>Made it with the recovery disc provided>>>

Back up again. More questions. Did you make this on another machine that could read the recovery disk? Was it a CD/DVD recovery disk? Do you recall the procedure used to make the stick from the disk? Jack E/NJ

PS: One more thing, disable D2D recovery in the bios menu for now.

Jack E/NJ

• Tom123

On another machine. It say DVD. Still have disc and instructions.

will disable D2D 

Tom123

• JackE

Do the instructions you have indicate the ***specific*** procedure for doing a stick recovery? Especially if the OS won't boot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tom123

Just says how to make the recovery flash drive and that it will reinstall the OS.

Tom123