Acer laptop having problem rebooting

Options
SCOTTY1
SCOTTY1 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi hopeing someone could help me

a few weeks ago my darling little daughter knocked the laptop and smashed the screen, i connected the laptop to a portable tv so i could still use it

The other day i was in the middle of rebooting it when it just switched off, now it won't re start just a blank screen

I have bought a windows 10 recovery disk which i'm finding hard to load, so if anyone has a suggestion, that would be very helpful

Could it be the harddrive or could it be the ram?

Any ideas i would be greatful for

thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,563 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>The other day i was in the middle of rebooting it when it just switched off, now it won't re start just a blank screen>>>

A blank TV screen or a black screen? First, try to press & hold the power button till the machine shuts off. About 5 seconds. Then press the power button once to turn back on. Also what is the ACER model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SCOTTY1
    Options

thanks i have tried switching it off and then back on and still no luck

The laptop is connected to the tv at present and all i'm getting is the Acer sign then it all goes blank

the model is Aspire E 15

ES1-571-C55X

Thanks

• JackE
    Options

OK. Shut the machine off again. Then turn it on again and start tapping the F8 key even before the ACER logo screen. If a boot option menu appears, what happens if you chose to boot the machine into Windows safe mode? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• SCOTTY1
    Options

tried this and still got the same

think it might be easier to buy a new one

• JackE
    Options

Your video card still seems to be OK as you're still getting the ACER logo on the TV. A good sign. So I'm gonna guess the HDD also got a bit rattled in the fall and the Windows video software drivers among possible others may have gotten corrupted. You can try to re-set your machine to factory default with the option of saving your data by following this video for the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuljT0a8F7I  Good luck.

Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• SCOTTY1
    Options

still same not work

• JackE
    Options

Did the ALT+F10 boot technique actually get you into a eRecovery options menu or not? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• SCOTTY1
    Options

Thank you very much i have now got it working

Smiley Happy

• JackE
    Options

Congrats! How did you get it to work again? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ