Acer ferrari 5000 ZC3 won't start

Options
marco1971
marco1971 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have a Ferrari 5000 ZC3. It quit working, all was working fine it shut down itself and now it wont start at all, I only have a black screen. All that lit's up is the power button. the Numlock and caps lock led lights up about .5 sec. the hdd light lights up for about 5 seconds. when the power button is pressed again it goes off immediately.

To eleminate a hdd failure I have removed the hdd and powered up without the harddrive installed, no change at all besides that the hdd led doesn't light up. 

Anyone an idea what I can try to get it going again?

thanks in advance,

Marc

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Connect the HDD to another computer via USB and run a diagnostic on it. There's a good one on

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd (Excelstor)

or you can get one from the HDD manufacturers site.

• marco1971
    Options
    The HDD seems to be fine. It passes diagnostic tests.
  • philetus
    Options

Remove the hdd and the memory, reseat the memory.With Power and battery disconnected, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in power without HDD, start and see if it gets to no operating system found.

• marco1971
    Options
    I removed battery, power cord, memory, HDD.
    I refitted memory and held power button for 30 seconds.
    Refitted power cord and started laptop.
    I have power button lit, num lock and caps lock flashing 1 time. Fan runs for about 5 seconds. And that is all, screen stays blank
  • philetus
    Options

The only thing left would be to try another known good stick of mem ory, but I believe you have a bad motherboard.

• marco1971
    Options
    thank you for the help and ideas, I will try of I can find another memory.
    I will start looking for a new laptop Smiley Sad meanwhile.
    Is there a way to get to the files on the HDD which are behind the password of the emanager. (I do know the password).
  • philetus
    Options

Remove the hdd and connect it to another computer via USB and you can get your files off of it.