Acer eRecovery Flash Error....

JAGG51
JAGG51 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I paid $80 to get Next Day Delivery on a eRecovery flash for my Acer Laptop.   And, when I stuck it into my USB drive an error came up about 5 minutes into the process saying "M:\NAPP.dat is miss.".   I cannot complete the process of resetting my laptop back to Factory Settings.  I am running Windows 8.

How can I get pass this error and get things working on my laptop once again?   Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• JAGG51
    Answer ✓
    I think it was a combination of switching to legacy to gain access to the hard drive and using an old recovery flash drive to completely format with the Iso in another usb hub that finally allowed the new acer usb to create the M and N drives necessary for the brand new install. Thanks

Answers

• peptobismal
    peptobismal Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/what-does-mnappdat-is-miss-mean/1964.html

This is a link to a "Solved" thread I did not really look much further into it, but it seems to be solved so maybe this will help?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you need to completly wipe your HDD
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html
    download the .iso file
    then use a software to burn CD/DVD or USB flash drive and burn the .iso file
    once done, put the CD/DVD/USB on your PC, boot from CD/USB (maybe you need to boot under Legacy if you have UEFI BIOS)
    press F12 at boot and choose CD or USB
    at the desktop
    select your HDD
    right click it and choose to wipe your HDD completly (it will erase also any GPT or MBR on the HDD), choosing the first option after selecting the wipe function. (it will take some hours to do it)
    then exit partition wizard, boot to BIOS, set UEFI back from Legacy (if you have UEFI BIOS) and boot from the erecovery media.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JAGG51
    Answer ✓
    I think it was a combination of switching to legacy to gain access to the hard drive and using an old recovery flash drive to completely format with the Iso in another usb hub that finally allowed the new acer usb to create the M and N drives necessary for the brand new install. Thanks
  • JAGG51
    Thanks for helping me prepare my hard disk so that the acer sub could access it.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You welcome.

I'm not an Acer employee.