Acer aspire one laptop goes to a black screen after logging in with password?

Randystillday
Randystillday Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Well recently I was stuck in a continuous loop at start up but I managed to fix that with the command prompt. Now that when I put in my password to sign in, it takes so long and says "Welcome" with the loading icon for maybe 5 minutes then the Welcome will go off and it'll only be the loading icon for another 5 minutes and it'll log on but it'll just go to a black screen, or else it'll look like it'll go into sleep mode for a second and bring me back to putting in my password again. I can't manually turn off my computer it just goes into sleep mode I have to shut it down on the computer not the power button on the keyboard(If that makes sense) Please can someone help me with this problem? I know my password but I don't know if it wants my current password or Gmail password to sign in I tried both but it brings me to the black screen sometimes it'll just stay like that and not turn on, or it has a glow on the sides of the screen. I am sorry in advanced if I made this difficult/confusing to understand but I was trying to word all of this together and tried my best. 

If anyone has any opinions on how to get this off and to show my desktop screen or Windows 10. I have a Acer Aspire one Cloudbook 14 if that helps. I am still searching the internet on using Command prompt, last I checked I read something the BIOS password was changed and has to be changed or something I'm not sure I looked at it this morning but couldn't fully read it since I was rushing to get in the car and off to work. So can someone please help me with this I haven't been able to get onto this laptop since October(I would say because it was in that boot loop and didn't know how to get out of it till now). Thanks in advance if anyone can help me. :-)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

try this:
    at boot press ALT+F10 , this will start Acer/windows recovery.
    From the Recovery screen
    Click on Troubleshoot.
    Click on Advanced Options.
    Click on Startup Settings.
    Click on Restart.
    The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen.
    Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted.

once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

reboot normally and check if black/blank screen is fixed.

I'm not an Acer employee.