Acer aspire e5 575g battery issue

Options
Rishabh1998
Rishabh1998 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I Bought this laptop yesterday and they said to me the battery is the best thing about this laptop i.e 8hours of backup.

After reaching home i charged it to 100% and after that what i found was irritating and angry its battery was draining and it is

draining just like i have bought a used laptop. It drains approx 1-2% in one minute and in 2hours it drains to 0 from 100

i am very much upset please tell me what to do ???? 

Is this draining normal or not??

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,599 Trailblazer
    Options

If power-intensive programs are also running, like the latest gaming software, it's very possible to drain the battery rapidly. Even at a higher rate! Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• Rishabh1998
    Options
    no game or gaming software was running only i was browsing internet and installing apps from my pen drive
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,145 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

You could check the battery wear level by installing HWMonitor, also do a manual calibration of battery, instructions are in the middle of the page. Do not drain the battery completely(0%), anyway the instructions are clear in the link.

https://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Capture1.JPG

• Rishabh1998
    Options
    Thanks i will try it..
  • JackE
    Options

Still possible to drain quickly if there is high cpu usage, disk-reading and writing activity, and startup programs running in the background. Perhaps a 3rd party anti-virus program is consuming a lot of resources in the background. Windows may be automatically updating itself since you just acquired the machine. There are plenty of possible activities going on that you can't directly see especially in a new system. 

You can quickly judge the battery's capacity by opening Task Manager, its Resource Monitor, and watching disk activity LED. When they indicate relatively low CPU usage and low disk activity,the battery should drain more slowly. If the LCD screen is turned off, the battery will drain even more slowly. 

At this point, I think it's too early for you to worry about the battery. Continue to install programs. Surf the Internet. And let the system run and stabilize itself for a week or so to see if the battery capacity seems to improve.

Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• Rishabh1998
    Options
    okk so from there it is showing 99% disk and 55% cpu so what can i do to reduce it..
  • JackE
    Options

Don't try to reduce CPU and disk usage right now. Important or necessary updates and processes may be going on in the background. To view these background activities, click the processes and applications tabs in Task Manager. You can show all processes that are happening. Those processes that are consuming high percentage of CPU usage may decrease on their own with time if left alone. After a while, the only process that should continue to show high CPU usage, is the System Idle process when the system is stable and idle for most of the time.

Don't try to rush or stop these processes, especially on a new system. Be patient. Allow the system to stabilize over the next few days before worrying too much more about the battery. Jack E/NJ       

Jack E/NJ