Acer aspire 5750 battery issue

tomloaf
tomloaf Member Posts: 4 New User

I have a very similar issue to this guy

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1826269/battery-problems-acer-laptop.html

my acer aspire had issues with it's battery so I got a new one a 5200 rather than a 4400 as it was a lot cheaper on ebay but now it doesn’t indicate properly. I had the DC connector fixed as that was broken but now the new battery can be left in to full charge and it does but the indicator still says it only has 0% but will run on 0% for hours then crash when it runs out of power. I have uninstalled the battery software and don’t know what else to do?

Answers

• tomloaf

After doing a little bit more investigation I have found that I can fully charge the laptop and it will go slowly up to about 17%then suddenly hit 100%. I then unplug the charger and the laptop thinks is now has 0% battery so as is bellow the critical 5% it shuts down. So the battery is holding charge but the laptop is registering that the battery has power.

• McGee
    McGee Member Posts: 8 New User
    Try to reinstall operating systém i siggest originál Windows 7... It has all drivers increased
  • tomloaf

Sadly the operating system came pre installed so i dont have a copy to re install it and i dont think i should have to completly re install the operating system to just make the bettery indicator work properly

• McGee
    McGee Member Posts: 8 New User
    Other reason can be worse... Some circuits on your mainboard can be broken... I havent any next solutions Smiley Sad