Acer aspire 5745 Power and BIOS problem

Options
joylove2020
joylove2020 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have a aspire 5745 notebook which somedays ago suddenly stop acepting adepter power.But its still working on baterry,

when i tried to replug the power cord the adepter light goes off,i thought my adepter may be damaged. i called my friend who has the same model laptop ,i tried my adepter in his laptop its worked fine even without batery his laptop was working with my adepter.so i called local technical guy who works in acer service center.he told me not to wory it just moisture and dust which causes the problem.He took my latop to clean the mother board(though i did not give him my HDD).Next day he came with a stange problem.He flahed my bios and when he reflashed it power adepter working but when he plug another HDD into the laptop, power goes off.Even with baterry when power cord is not connect, laptop works fine and acepts other HDD and Bios instaled.

he failed to find the problem. He told me to change the mother board...

So plz can anyone tell me what problem is occuring and what is its solution.....

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I have a aspire 5745 notebook which somedays ago suddenly stop acepting adepter power.But its still working on batery, when i tried to replug the power cord the adepter light goes off>>>

This was probably due to a bent prong or pin on the mainboard jack that shorted when the adapter plug was inserted. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ