Acer aspire 5551 purple light/led fault. advice needed please

rustyneedleuk
rustyneedleuk Member Posts: 1 New User

hi, thanks for looking.

my niece's laptop was butchered by her "technical teenage boyfreind", so i am trying to repair the damage.

so far i have replace the the broken fan, a hinge and the keyboard. Laptop booted great like new on battery power. dc connection via mains adapter was spotty at best. so i stripped th laptop down and found both black wires had disconnected physically from the jack, so i clean and resoldered it but now the laptop wont boot.

The power button is blue. the fan is powered but the led (with  light bulb near) is purple/pink and seems to be constantly on.

as far as i can tell the screen isnt powered.

So i am at a loss at the moment, does anyone know whats going on ? and how do i fix the issue.

thank you very much for reading this regardless if you could assist or not. I appreitate any help or advice given. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>so i stripped th laptop down and found both black wires had disconnected physically from the jack, so i clean and resoldered it but now the laptop wont boot.>>>

Check the  label on the charger for AC or DC output. If DC, you likely have reversed the jack's normal input polarity.

Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ