Acer Warranty

Options
itmattersnot
itmattersnot Member Posts: 2 New User

Good day mates.

I requested support from Acer while my computer was in warranty, however they requested me to provide proof of purchase and update their system, which i did on 01/05/2015.

Product (aspire V5-571-6679) was purchased on 01/08/2014.

By the time I received the email back from acer with them updating the system, it was 01/09/2015 needless to say, 1 day after warranty expired and will not honor their warranty, even though i tried to approach them prior to expiration.

Does anyone know how to contact Acer? 

i tried their number from their website, but they said they cannot help me, i can only go online and reach them that way, which left me very disappointed in their service.

Second question, since it's not worth dealing with Acer would be if anyone can give me the fan model number for my laptop so i can just purchase one and change it myself (i do not want to open the computer to remove all components)

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi itmattersnot,

Can you shoot me a private message with your Serial Number? We definitely don't want to leave you just on the outside of your warranty when dealing with the bureaucracy of getting it straightened out.

Thanks,
    Cory

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello itmattersnot,

Here the part number of your fan unit:

60.M2DN1.003 - HEATSINK CPU WITH FAN

You can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store in using the customer service form.

In the form:

1- You select in "Please Select a Subject: Other"

2- In "Describe the Problem:", you indicate the S/N of the laptop.

3- Example:

"Price request for the following spare parts:

- P/N, description

- Etc"

You'll receive a quote by mail (pdf document). You can also phone them.

France
  • itmattersnot
    itmattersnot Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Dear Cory

PM sent.