Acer VN7-591G - which model shoud I take?

Options
hamster325
hamster325 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everyone! It's my first post here, and I hope not last. Smiley Wink;)" alt=";)" border="0" src="http://forum.notebookreview.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png" /> To the point:

I want to buy VN7-591G, exactly Black Edition with 15,6" and GPU 860M. I read couple of reviews on many sites with i5-4210H and i7-4710HQ. What I've read that model with Core i5 doesn't suffer for throttling CPU or GPU at all. Even keep stable Turbo at 3,5 GHz! This laptop will be used mostly in games so it's very importat to me that it will maintain stable and high frequency.
What about Core i7 version? In this model I've heard mixed opinions - one say that in games i7 maintains about 2,5-3,0 GHz, but only in stressful benchmarks the frequency drops even to 800-1000 MHz. But elsewhere I'v heard that it's terrible and always throtte.

My question: Is it worth to take i7-version with more cores and cache memory, or take safer i5? Is i7 clearly more efficient than i5? I suppose in normal use with browser, music players etc. it will be no difference. Maybe pack/unpack in WinRAR will be even faster on i5 thanks to bigger frequency. But how it will be in games? This most demanding of course like Battlefield 3/4/Hardline, AC: Unity, GTA5 or comming The Witcher 3.

Answers

• VinceStarFire
    VinceStarFire Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I have the i7 version. Didn't play games, how can I know the half clock throttle is in effect? I can help test for you.

i7 is defintely better, mine is 4720HQ. Go CPUBENCHMARK check the performance of any processor of interest. 4720 is one grade better than 4710. Needless to say i5.