Acer V5-122P touch screen is not working

Options
gmt0362
gmt0362 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

my laptop touch screen doesn't work consistently.  my laptop suppose to have "full windows touch support with 10 touch points", but then when i checked out my pc info, it says "limited only". can someone help me to figure out how to fixed it? thanks.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

gmt0362,

I am sorry to see that your touch is not working properly. Did this just recently happen or was it working like this from when your first purchased the product?

The drivers that the product uses for the touch is provided by the operating system. The only thing I can think of is either the driver is corrupt or maybe the cable is loose possibly. You could try performing a factory restore as it may fix the issue.

• gmt0362
    gmt0362 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

just recently. it works fine when i bought it.

i tried to seek help in microsoft's forum but after several discussions, they suggested me to contact Acer Smiley Happy

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/touch-screen-doesnt-work-consistently/d5e24ffb-a6af-4a85-8218-9c1124698b7d

i already tried to 'factory reset' my laptop twice but my touch screen still not working.
    question, how can i know if the driver for touch screen is corrupted? thanks Smiley Happy

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

gmt0362,

Because it uses a microsoft default driver its hard to tell. Usually you would see an exclamation mark in the Device Manager over the driver that is not working properly.

At this point if you tried a restore, then contacting our technical support in your region may be the best. It is possible the issue is hardware related.