Acer V3771G Issues with graphics card nvidia geforce 710m

Options
richardson45
richardson45 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My son has had his acer for 8 1/2 months now and he is having trouble with the graphics card.

In the last week it has started to play up.  But, only on steam games.  Also if you naviage to the nvidia control panel, you see it there as well.

There are lines like dot dashes across the screen. It's difficult to describe them!  I have only seen it once before on an old HP laptop I had, but these were all across the screen.  These are only there is he plays games, or goes to the nvidia control panel.  The desktop and all other applications are fine.

He has tried a full system restore but to no avail.  My reakoning is that the graphics card is on the way out and this is it starting to go.  Or, is there something that he needs to try that is a known solution to the issue?

I find it odd that it is only on certain things, not all.

Obviously at only 8 months old, the machine is still in warranty, but have found this forum helpful before, so wondered if anyone can guide before I have to ring the customer care line and start the long process of trying to get the machien sorted.

Thanks guys.

Answers