Acer V3-571g chipset driver

Options
hivonzooo
hivonzooo Member Posts: 16 New User

Why there are no chipset drivers for Windows 8.1? Which one should I install, those for Windows 8 or newest from Intel site? I've got every other driver installed, Windows is up to date.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If windows is up to date and you don't have any problems with the system or in Device Manager, why do you think you need  to install the chipset? It may have installed with Windows 8.1.

• hivonzooo
    Options

I just wanted to know why there are no any chipset drivers for 8.1. There was one installed on Windows 8 that comes with my laptop and i was using it, but now i've done a fresh Windows 8.1 install and cant find any. Do I even need that driver? And if I need it, which one should I install? Is it safe to install the newest one from Intel website? I thought it comes with Intel GPU drivers. 

• philetus
    Options

Run this and see if it recommends anything

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

• hivonzooo
    Options

Its funny because it found that I should update my Intel GPU drivers. The fun thing is that i've got it up to date. That's all, no other drivers was mentioned.

• philetus
    Options

I believe the GPU is included in the Intel chipset so, you

re probably complete.

• hivonzooo
    Options

After searching on the internet i found that the latest driver for my chipset (Device manager claims that I've got Intel 7/C216 Chipset) is 9.4.0.1025. I just want to be sure that nothing will go wrong, because i've done a fresh Windows 8.1 install week ago and dont want to do this again. The last thing i want to ask is - can I install them now, after all others drivers? Some people on the internet saying chipset driver should be installed first.

• hivonzooo
    Options

Since there was no problems with default Microsoft drivers, i think i will stay with them. I though chipset drivers are very important, but i found that they are nothing more then just files that gives proper names for devices in device manager. There are no performance loss in games, 3D Mark shows the same amount of points as 2 month ago with Windows shipped with my laptop, so i think there is no need to update them. Thank you for your help.