Acer V3-111P touchpad doesn't work

Kiya
Kiya Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
Hi! I bought yesterday a new Acer V3-111P. I tried to install windows 8.1 and at the beggining of the install my touchpad didn't work. My screentouch is working pretty well, so I installed windows 8.1. I've tried other touchpad drivers too, but my touchpad still won't work. Anybody has idea why it isn't working? Thanks hopefully

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Which touchpad drivers did you install? Make and version number? Thanks

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kiya
    this: TouchPad Synaptics Touchpad Driver 18.1.2.1 564.6 KB 2014/05/1
  • JackE

Have you checked to see if device mgr is indicating any error or warning messages?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kiya
    Yes, I have 3 unknow warning messages in device manager. (3 unknow devices) I don't know what those are.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Press Windows key + X

select Device manager

Double click on the Yellow exclamation marks (unknow warning)

select Details Tab

choose HardwareID from the drop down menu

highlight the first value and copy/paste the value here ( copy "left CTRL+C", paste "left CTRL+V")

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Kiya
    It's wierd. I install ubuntu on Acer V3-111P and finally the touchpad is working. WHY????!!!!!!! I installed in legacy mode, I switched it in bios. This is **bleep**! I hated it... So i sold it.The touchpad must work during w8 install, i think this would be normal
  • JackE

Does this mean you couldn't run Win8 with Ubuntu installed?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• cipo
    cipo Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi!

I have the same problem with V3-111P-210C. Exactly:

- Touchpad doesn't work.

- fn + f7 freezes the keyboard

- and also have 3 drivers what I can not install. These should be the intel IO driver (hardver ID for all 3: ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33FC), but the driver provided by the acer support is not working. When I try to install it, the device manager says that couldn't found the driver.

I have windows 8.1 pro. Obviusly it's a driver problem cause everything works fine on linux, the only problem is that I don't want to use linux Smiley Happy 

I also tried the latest Intel IO driver, but it is for intel atom processors and I have celeron quad core N2930. Is it possible that still no working IO driver exists for this processor on win8.1? Or the problem is that it also says that wrong operating system, cause there is only support for win8 and for win8.1 none?

EDIT: succesfully found the solution. Here is the correct IO driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24096&lang=eng

After installing and rebooting, the touchpad finally works (if not press fn + f7, the freezing problem is solved as well).

• JackE

Congrats, Cipo. Nice work! Now let's see if it'll also resolve Kiya's touchpad issues!

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• az1m
    az1m Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I recently purchased this notebook and am experiencing issues as well.

Basically from when I've turned it on the mouse cursor does not show. The touchpad it self works but it's really frustrating that the cursor doesn't appear. It's running the pre-installed Windows 8.1 and I've installed the latest touchpad drivers from the Acer site.

I've checked mouse settings within control panel and there's no mouse installed. Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

• JackE

Does device manager show any problems?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• danwarten
    danwarten Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi!

I bought an Acer Aspire V3-111P about two months ago. Yesterday the touchpad suddenly did not work anymore, and an error was shown in the device manager (device could not start). This morning it worked again, but now it stopped working again. There is no mouse pointer. I reinstalled the driver which I downloaded from the acer website and installed it. I also tried to deinstall and reinstall the driver, but now it does not even show anymore in the device manager. 

Can anybody help me? What's the problem with that touchpad?

• JackE

danwarten>>>I bought an Acer Aspire V3-111P about two months ago. >>>

Have you tried to toggle the touchpad on and off yet with the Fn + F7 key combo?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• danwarten

thanks for your quick reply.

Yes I did toggle with fn+F7 but the touchpad does not respond.

• JackE

If you bought it new, please click the support button at the top of this page. Choose your country. Then click contact Acer either by the chatline or phone as you should be under warranty. I hesitate to advise you to open it up to re-seat touchpad connectors to the MB as that seems the most likely cause.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• az1m
    az1m Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi Jack, no problems show up on device manager. The mouse cursor appears when I connect to a Bluetooth mouse and while that's connected I can use the touchpad as normal being able to move the cursor. As soon as I disconnect the Bluetooth mouse the cursor disappears again. I find it very odd.

• danwarten

Hi Jack,

Interestingly, the touch pad is working again today , but the mouse pointer only appears on google chrome, word and some other applications, but not on the desktop,  but there I can see to mouse moving when hovering over the buttons and I can also click. Very strange. I think it is a driver issue. In driver manager the mouse does not appear under mouse, but under Human Interface Devices I have a  Synaptics HID Device, and four HID-compliant vendor-defined devices. Deinstalling in reinstalling any of those drivers does not change anything. What could be the problem?

• JackE

>>>I think it is a driver issue.>>>

I tend to agree at this point. But may be more of an issue with a'driver setting'  than with a driver itself.  Open up 'control panel'. Search 'mouse'. Try adjusting some of the parameters in the options that pop up that seem related to what you're experiencing. Try to change only one thing at a time to see what happens.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• danwarten

Hi Jack,

Under control panel: mouse properties tab hardware, there is no mouse shown. The same with device manager, there is no mouse listed. Changing mouse settings has no effect. There is still no mouse pointer, even though I can see it move when I hover over icons, I can click, and I can locate the pointer when I press ctrl (radar symbol). As soon as I plug in an external mouse, the mouse point appears, a mouse appears under mouse properties hardware, and I can move the pointer via touch pad also. I think I am facing the same issue than az1m. 

Thank you much for your help.