Acer R7-572 doesn't start on a battery

Options
cpu
cpu Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I just bought a brand new Acer R7-572-6805. When I press power button nothing happens if AC adapter is not plugged in. I would expect laptop to start/boot because the battery inside is brand new and fully charged.

Also, I'm worried that nothing happens when I press for 4-10 seconds a battery-reset button  on the bottom of the laptop in a small hole in the middle (I use paperclip).

I searched the Internet and found a few suggestions which I followed one by one, but they didn't fix the issue nor change anything.

1. Update BIOS to the newest version 2.04. Note: during flashing new BIOS version the orange LED didn't blink but shined!

2. Tightened all screws on a casing.

3. Replaced a charger.

4. Pressed batter-reset button.

5. Pressed power button for more than 10 seconds while AC adapter was plugged in, was not plugged in and when battery was not plugged in too.

4. Reinserted battery many times.

5. Checked voltage of a battery. Two cells showed 3.11V and the other two cells showed 3.81V. I manually charged the first 2 to 3.78 so that all 4 cells have similar voltage. The proper voltage makes me think that the battery is fully charged.

Other observations:

1. When AC adapter is plugged in then the orange LED is blinking (it seems to indicate that the battery is low) after approximately 6 seconds from pressing power button, i.e. from start. It doesn't change if I go to BIOS or go on with Windows boot.

2. When battery detached then the orange LED does not shine at all.

3. When AC adapter is plugged in then laptop starts.

4. Windows 8.1 is installed. The first time I used the laptop I plugged AC adapter in, powered on the laptop and went on with the installation.

5. Wall AC outlet provide 230V in my country (in contrast to 110V in US, but it shouldn't matter becuase the charger is capable of working in both systems according to its specification).

Do you experienced the same issue? Do you probably have any idea of what might fix the issue?

Best Answer

• cpu
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I replaced the battery. Laptop started with a new battery and works correctly. It seems that the previous battery caused the issue.

I would like to thank you for responses and professionals from acerserwis.pl who helped me quickly and nicely.

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Is the battery detected, What is the message you get, if you see message like plugged in not charging, Try to reinstall Battery driver from Device Manager,.
  • cpu
    Options
    I already reinstalled battery driver but it didn't help.

I can see plugged in, not charging (1%available).
  • sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry for that, So here the issue is with the battery & you need to contact support for a replacement battery,.
  • cpu
    Options
    How did you infer that? The laptop is new, voltage is good in battery cells. I am not convinced that the issue is caused by the battery. Could you explain, please?
  • scrambler
    scrambler Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

From what you are describing something is wrong with the battery or the battery circuit.

Unless you are an electronic engineer who can test the battery related electronics, the easier test is to get hold of a new battery and test with that to see if it is the battery itself or the circuit

• cpu
    Options
    I will do it and will let you know a result in a few days (after I will find and get new battry).
  • cpu
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I replaced the battery. Laptop started with a new battery and works correctly. It seems that the previous battery caused the issue.

I would like to thank you for responses and professionals from acerserwis.pl who helped me quickly and nicely.