Acer R7-371T - Wi-Fi Problems

Options
renesys
renesys Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have noticed another problem with my Acer R7-371T, besides the fact that it has poor Wi-Fi signal when i am far from the AccesPoint.

I have noticed that when i put the laptop in StandBy and open it, the internet is very very slow, the download speed is about 30KB/s. I will then restart it and it will work ok, at about 300KB/s, if i put it in StandBy, again slow...i have done this over 20 times, with th same results. And when i uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" ...when i resume from StandBy, the wi-fi is off and says: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Please do find a solution!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

please update your wifi drivers:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5674;-;Aspire%20R7-371T

select the correct Brand and download it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • renesys
    Options

Thank you IronFly, but that was the first thing i have done... i even done a factory recovery. Also i have played with the wi-fi settings, enabling and disabling different things, still the same...

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

And when i uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

you did it on the wifi adapter options or on the windows power options?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • renesys
    Options

On the Wi-Fi adapter options... in the windows power options is at Maximum Performance