Acer R7-371T - TouchPad Problems

renesys
renesys Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello,

I have just bought an Acer R7-371T, overhaul it's a good laptop. But the TouchPad doesn't work propely and it's not a problem with mine, because i have replaced it with another one and tested the showroom one. The problem is when you first put your finger on it and make very small movements, it doesn't work. I have noticed that it's made by Synaptics and i also own a HP TM2 with a Synaptics TouchPad, it works perfectly and it has the best TouchPad i have ever used... Plus the HP drivers have a lot of settings from Synaptics, the Acer doesn't and i have installed the latest driver from Acer's Drivers Page.

So please make a decent driver with all the Synaptics settings and fix the problem. Or if you have any other solution i will be glad to hear it.

Answers

• holz1987
    holz1987 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hello,

i have a similiar problem with touchpad. any solutions? its almost impossible to work with mouse touchpad, cause the cursor jumps to another position when i try to use the lef or right click.

• renesys
    renesys Member Posts: 10 New User

The solution is to Chat with Acer's support team and tell them the problem, as i talked with them and told me i was the only one with this problem and to do recovery... I tried to explain that i have tested other R7-371T's and they have the same problem... And on top of that i explained that it is a new model and there will always be a first problem coming from some one... I sincerely don't know if they passed the problem to the drivers developers.

By the way... does your screen have backlight bleeding? Open a black image in full screen, maximum brightness and switch off the lights in your room... mine has two on the top.

And what i have noticed recently is that it has very poor wi-fi signal if you are far from the AccesPoint. Same distance the R7-371T downloads with 30KB/s and a HP TM2 downloads with 500KB/s. I have tried all kinds of settings to the wi-fi, reinstalled drivers, etc. nothing...

Bottom line, i have till 17.01.2015 to test this laptop, so far i am very disappointed and i am thinking to return it.