Acer P3-171 still has the HD 4000 issue after windows 8.1 upgrade, Bios upgrade and using the older

Options
mpaube
mpaube Member Posts: 4 New User

My Acer was purchased in Canada last week and after upgrading to Win 8.1 I did the usual check of device manager. I noticed the same yellow mark as other an dthe bluetooth issue and the statement the driver was stopped. Thru tech support I updated the BIOS and than rolled back the driver to Win 8.1 from the Acer web site. the driver that the upgrade self installed was dated Nov 2014. More recent than Acer's driver.

Today the tech wanted me to refresh the laptop settings however the refresh was stating missing files from the recovery partition, next I was asked to use the recovery DVD's there are two and the statement missing files occurred again. The tech had me go to the BIOS were I could not move the cursor with the bluetooth keyboard.

Seems like there are too many issues as the tech called it a day and set up a return process to have Acer look at the PC. I also cannot get to the Erecovery programme as I see the actual erecovery screenshots on video files for troubleshooting from youtube.

It was concerning that after 4 days of 1.5 hour session each day with chat support what appeared to be a simple matter escalated to the point were the PC possibly has something truly haywire with it. This is my tenth PC in my life as I usually get 3 years from a unit that I ever have had a problem with out of the box.

Today the tech seemed impatient and I told him this was not my fault and I have a tech background. in addition this problem has been stated by many users and my laptop was probably sitting in a warehouse for a year since it was manufactured.

I didi notice that Intel has released a driver dated Jan 2015 on their site for HD4000- never loaded this however as i also was tired of the many escalating issues. I will post the results in 2 weeks when the laptop ios returned.

With all that being said th elapyop is a great tool an dfunctions very well and has a true i5 processor with 4 Gb of ram and a 120 SSD - This is a dream tablet and it runs Miscrosoft. I truly want this unit and really enjoy the functionality an dthe keyboard is teriffic.