Acer One S1002 - HDMI to TV troubles with the "duplicate" feature.

Options
dmcrouch
dmcrouch Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, 

I bought a microhdmi to hdmi adapter (which works - as you'll note in  a moment), and got everything all hooked up, pressed windows-p to bring up the projection screen, and tried to select duplicate. When I select the duplicate feature, my tv read an error "format not supported" - However, If I selected the expand option, I was then able to effectively connect my computer to the tv, and stream movies by dragging the browser window beyond my laptops screen into the expanded screen show on my tv. I did manage to "make-it-happen" with movie night, but it was really sort of a pain - and I just don't understand why the duplicate option isn't working, but the expand option is. Is there some sort of setting I need to change in order to allow the duplicate function to work? 

I appreciate your help,

Dmcrouch

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

with your TV connected, right click the desktop and choose Display settings and then advanced display settings, look at which resolution is set your TV when you select Duplicate.

you can open Intel Dsiplay settings too and check also the selected refresh rate for your TV (normally must be 60Hz)

I'm not an Acer employee.