Acer One Aspire ZG5 restore to factory settings

Options
JanetHudgins
JanetHudgins Member Posts: 13 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I need to clean it out to give away. I found directions but they don't seem to apply. There is no Recovery Management link. I did find one link to restore in PC settings but after a while it asked for media, "Insert Media," (and nothing has been removed). Have no idea what it means by media. This is such a small computer and very slow I've struggled with it for several hours without success. There should be a quick way to clean it out but I'm not finding it.

Appreciate your help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have you tried to press ALT+F10 keys at boot?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JanetHudgins
    Options

Tried Alt F10 as soon as I turned it on but it went to the usual opening page. Is there some other way to do this? And will this allow me to clean it out?

I've tried everything I can find in it to reset or restore or recover and nothing works. The most I get is this the media its looking for and it doesn't go any further. 

• JanetHudgins
    Options

I've just had another run at it and the only way it will let me clean it out is if I reinstall Windows, and I don't have that. So, do you know of another way? If I just throw everthing in the Waste bin I think it's all still there.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

the only way is finding a windows XP installation media.

I'm not an Acer employee.