Acer Launch Manager Stopped Working - Images Gone

CaseyStellar
CaseyStellar Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello friends.

This is the first time this has ever happened so, I'm quite stomped. Today, my Launch Manger stopped working. In the past, an uninstall and reinstall of the product fixed the issue when it rarely occurred (only times in the past 8 years) Today, however, I've ran the full gambit of assault on uninstalling and registry clearing. I used Revo Unistaller Pro to uninstall Launch Manager and used CCleaner to clear old registry strings and and still nothing! Each time I attempt to reinstall the program, it still doesn't work.

The OSDRC and OSDRC2 folders that normally house these image files:

are now completely empty:

I've tried simply copying and pasting the files over to no avail. There's something in the coding that's not calling the proper files to be used and I have not a clue on where the hiccup is. The [Fn] function key combos still work. The process just isn't using the visual image files as indicators.

Launch Manager is listed as a start-up item in CCleaner but, it does not point to a file that's supposed to be starting..

Task Manager does not list Launch Manager as a start-up item at all.

I checked to make certain Normal Startup was selected in msconfig and it was and that didn't help. Now I am completely lost.

Acer Aspire E1-571-6442
Windows 8.1 x64-bit

Answers