Acer Laptop Don't Boot Up

Jamesthehawk
Jamesthehawk Member Posts: 16 New User
Hello , I'm new here...Anyway my Acer Aspire E 15 don't want to boot up. All I receive is a little blue message box that says : Default boot device missing or boot failed. Insert recovery media and hit any key. Then select " Boot Manager" to choose a new boot device or to Boot Recovery Media. Then I press enter a couple of times just to go back to the same blue message dialog box. I tried starting and waiting five seconds to start some sort of recovery but it failed to work. Next I enabled f12 boot up sequence and that tampering did nothing. My laptop didn't come with a CD/DVD drive when my Father bought it new last Christmas. I uninstalled Microsoft Office Spotify and Amazon the last time I logged online. The Windows 8.1 64 bits is built in. Maybe that deleted some file. IDK. What do I need to do ? Do I need some sort of recovery media USB device ? Your help is appreciated. Thanks , Neil

Best Answer

• Jamesthehawk
    Answer ✓
    It was a hardware issue and now it is fixed. Back to scratch again.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Restart the computer and then keep tapping F2 key to enter BIOS.

When you get the BIOS screen, you may check if the hard disk name displayed next to HDDmodelname in information tab.

If the hard disk is detected you may restore your computer using recovery media.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Jamesthehawk

Robot winkHi , Thanks for the help. The disk is detected but it still won't boot up.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

You may enter BIOS one again and select boot tab and set hard disk as first boot device.

Restart your computer press and hold the Alt key and tap the F10 key. If you get the "troubleshoot" page you may go ahead and perform reset. All data on the computer will be lost.

Recovery disc are not shipped with your computer since there is an option to create the recovery media after purchasing the computer. If you have not created it you may purchase it from Acer store.

If the computer is in warranty you may live chat with a Acer technician  Live Chat

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Jamesthehawk
    Sorry to say that this doesn't work at all.
  • Jamesthehawk
    I'll have to take it to a local computer repair shop. Thx for the help.
  • Jamesthehawk
    Answer ✓
    It was a hardware issue and now it is fixed. Back to scratch again.