Acer ICONIA 6120 Dual Touch Screen - Bottom Touch Screen Not Working

ananthad
ananthad Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi I bought a Acer ICONIA 6120 Dual Touch Screen Laptop in 2011 when I was in US. I returned to India in 2011. In 2014 the bottom touch screen virtual key board started mal-functioning. The keys will automatically click making it unable to use. I gave it to a local technician he disabled the bottom touch screen. He also said the Hard Drive is corrupted needs replacement. He replaced with a new 500GB hard drive. While replacing it he changed the Windows 7 home premium to Windows 7 ultimate. From then on we were using it with a wireless key board. Now I am trying to repair the laptop. 1) Where can get 14" bottom touch screen so that I can buy and install 2) Where can get the recovery disks along with windows 7 home premium Thanks in advance for your help

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer

I suggest that you first try to recover the laptop to factory-fresh Win7 home premium by purchasing the Iconia 6120 recovery media. This may help resolve the bottom screen issue. If you aren't in the US, please click on support at the top of this page. Choose the country. Then click "get support". And then choose contact acer for tablets. You should then get phone numbers or email addresses for Acer representatives who might help arrange for you to get this media. 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ