Acer Extensa 2509: Open Lid --> System Hangs

Options
rkiesler
rkiesler Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi!

I have an Acer Extensa 2509 Laptop with Windows 8.1. It pretty much does exactly what I need -- I can run HyperSpin with various games on it and I can also consume my media library with Kodi.

I have bought a Beamer (res. 1920x1080), which is connected via the Analog Port, as the HDMI Port doesn't seem to resize my HyperSpin Emulators properly, but that's fine -- the picture is very nice.

My problem: Apparently, the Display / Video Driver has problems.

1) When I use Kodi and the Laptop "goes to sleep", it does not want to enable the Video Output to the beamer again (I have switched the video output to beamer only).

2) Apparently, I cannot extend the display to the beamer either? Only duplicate (with 640x480?), laptop only or beamer only.

3) Also, when I close the lid (I have the laptop on power supply and set it to "ignore closing of lid", the beamer-output is still fine and the laptop works as expected. But as soon as I open the lid again, the whole laptop seems to hang. I can only hard-power-down and hope, that it will run again, sometimes, this takes two or three tries.

Please advise!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you tried the Acer driver update for the graphics card? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ