Acer E5-572G-59HV Nvidia drivers crashing

Options
Sindre759
Sindre759 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi

I recently bought a myself a E5-572G-59HV laptop with NVIDIA Geforce 840m(2GB VRAM). This laptop uses NVIDIA Optimus and has an Intel i5-4210M with integrated Intel HD graphics 4600.
The laptop came preinstalled with Windows 8.1 the laptop is working fine in every way in this OS, but i installed Windows 7 on it because some of the programs i use are not compatible with windows 8 and i'm not a fan of the Win8 UI.
For this installation i switched the BIOS mode from UEFI to Legacy, installation was no problem and i deleted all win8 partitions. I went to Acer's site and downloaded all the drivers, but i noticed that they were only for win8.1.
So the LAN, Bluetooth and touchpad drivers didn't work. I found a compatible LAN driver directly from Realtek's site, and Bluetooth and touchpad is a minor issue.

The problem is NVIDIA driver which installed all fine, but when i put some load on the card the driver crashes and gives me BSOD. Error is 0x00000116 nvlddmkm.sys. Sometimes the card actually work, and when it does it's working fine until i close software it's running. i have already tried to install the drivers directly from Nvidia, but with these the drivers crashes on boot(probably not Optimus compatible). So i wonder is there any other drivers i can try to use?

UPDATE: i restored the Windows 8.1 system and stress tested processor and both graphic cards, because i thought that i might have broken something using incompatible drivers. but it's all working fine back in Win8.1. Any ideas?

Answers