Acer E5-471P 14 inch Touch screen. Trackpad issue

Options
jimmyjango
jimmyjango Member Posts: 2 New User

I bought two of these laptops (Acer E5-471P CI3 4GB 500GB 14 Inch Touch Laptop - Black. - (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2903332.htm) as christmas presents.

Both are having issues with the trackpad where it will randomly freeze or the pointer will disappear. At first my mother thought it was just being slow and freezing all the time. I had a look and found that the touch screen worked fine when the mouse froze or disappeared. Now, immediately I assumed it to be a driver issue, so I updated the trackpad driver. 

I can't find any info on this and even though I bought the week before christmas ACER are saying my warrenty has run out and I don't have the time to find a scanner to scan my receipt. I am a day or two away from returning this laptop if no solution can be found.

This freezing happens ALOT, to the point my mother is using the 4 year old dusty laptop with missing keys. I assume it's something to do with the touchscreen and the trackpad interfering with one another. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Answers

• jimmyjango
    jimmyjango Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

So just to let you know all 3 (yes three) laptops had this issue. No help from acer and no explanations. Looks like Acer aren't ready to do touchscreen laptops yet.