Acer Default Programs

kylesteeves
kylesteeves Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, I have a aspire v3 731-4470 with windows 10 installed, my son recently was playing around on it and he somehow downloaded a chinese malware program, after thoroughly going through my  directories and trying to manually remove it, the program continued to spread itself in the registry and so on and so forth. I decided to use windows 10's option to reset my pc, but now I have none of the default acer programs that came on my laptop (such as Acer Backup Manager, Acer Instant Update Service, Acer Power Management, Acer Recovery Management, AcerCloud, etc...) Is there any way to get these programs back without paying for them?

Thanks, Kyle

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

I would first try a standalone freeware virus and malware remover from McAfee called Stinger. Do a google search for the latest version. It usually works very well. If it doesn't, you might try to do a boot erecovery procedure if the hidden Acer erecovery partition on the hard drive is still intact. This should take you back to the original factory installed operating system together with all the Acer-specific enhancements.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ