Acer Aspre 5950G not seeing Wireless devices

Options
Tink
Tink Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi everyone,

I have an Acer Aspire 5950G laptop and 2 weeks ago I purchased a new Asus DSL-ac68U modem router. After 

spending an hour on the phone with Asus getting the wretched thing set up, we are finally up and running. Last

week I was asked to reboot the modem and ever since then the laptop has not been able to see any wireless

devices, or if it does, they aren't the right things.

For example it may display a NAS drive but it's actually showing a playlist on the main pc, it sees a pvr but the 

files can't be accessed.

If I try and input the IP of the NAS it claims the user can't be authenticated, however sharing is turned on on the 

NAS. 

I can connect to the internet wirelessly and browse to pages on the laptop with no problem but it just refuses to see 

the recognise the correct thing as the NAS drive and permit access to the files on the PVR.

The laptop is running Windows 7 and I apologise but I am not particularly technical so please forgive me if I have 

missed something really obvious as a fix to the problem.

Thank you in advance,

Tink

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Try this, shut down the laptop and unplug the modem, and router.Wait a minute and plug modem router back in. Turn on laptop.

• Tink
    Tink Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi there, 

I have tried that but it didn't work. Smiley Sad  But thank you for the response.