Acer Aspire v5-431 black screen

stu55
stu55 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey, I have an Acer aspire vs-431-4689 laptop here, and I believe I have the black screen of death. It powers up, hd spins, everything works but the screen stays black, plugged into a monitor and still nothing. From what I've read this is a common problem for similar laptops and I need to flash the bios but everything I've read says I need the .fd files and none of the bios files have them, under the dos folder i see; Aceracdc.exe, flash.exe, flsah.rsp, update.bat, and va41114.rom. I would think it is the rom file but don't want to make the situation worse.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

You may power OFF your computer by pressing the power  button for 4 to 5 seconds.Then you may remove the battery, connect only the power button and power ON the computer.

If you still have a black screen check if you are able to get the BiOS screen by tapping the F2 key as sson as you power ON the computer.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• stu55

Still got nothing

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    This seens to be an issue with internal hardware, the best option to send the laptop  directly to Acer repair center.
    If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat
    If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• stu55

I have also tried; the removing the battery and holding down power then reconnecting, fully took it apart and removed the cmos battery and put it back and didn't see anything major wrong.  I still am not sure what file I need to flash the bios though, there is no info about flashing this specific model's bios.

• pablomenacr
    pablomenacr Member Posts: 1 New User

I getting the exact same problem with my V5-431. 

Did you get any way to solve this issue?