Acer Aspire v3-551 Advanced Bios

Dandrel
Dandrel Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, i need to enable virtualisation on my Aspire v3-551 running updated Bios 2.14

I also would like to know if there is anyway (within bios) to increase my fan speed?

Thanks for any help

Best Answer

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Run this detector to determine if your laptop is capable and enabled:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=163321

If so, you should see this:

Enabled.jpg

This is the result from my M5-581TG. I have no BIOS entry for Virtualization. I believe, on capable machines, this will be enabled by default as is the case on my M5.

I believe the fan temperature/speed table is hardwired within the BIOS and cannot be adjusted.

Answers

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Run this detector to determine if your laptop is capable and enabled:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=163321

If so, you should see this:

Enabled.jpg

This is the result from my M5-581TG. I have no BIOS entry for Virtualization. I believe, on capable machines, this will be enabled by default as is the case on my M5.

I believe the fan temperature/speed table is hardwired within the BIOS and cannot be adjusted.

• Dandrel
    Dandrel Member Posts: 2 New User

Thankyou! I got the same message too, which means my laptop can support virtualisation Smiley Happy

• Yes, you are good to go!

For further clarification, if you have capable hardware but it is *not* enabled in your BIOS you would see this:

Not Enabled.jpg

• Zonambulous
    Zonambulous Member Posts: 2 New User

Nice.

but any suggestions to forcing the Fan to engage or manual over ride of the bios?

I have changed settings in a locked bios for an Alienware before, to enable the 1GB unsupported video card upgrade.  

if there was a software work around for this fan issue would be great.

any suggestions?