Acer Aspire on reformat receives "Fail to Customize WinRe for recovery utility" error

Options
cheayudame
cheayudame Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I tried to reformat my Acer Aspire 5560. It goes through the System Disk, Recovery Disk 1, 2, 3, and 4 then on the Language Disk towards the end it receives a "Fail to Customize WinRe for recovery utility error".

I have seen this error when people tried to create a recovery partition for the future but in this case I need it to get my computer back to working again!

In the meantime it won't reboot and says BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart and just goes in a loop. Please help...

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Download Ubunto and burn iso, boot from cd  and choose try Ubuntu, not install, From a live session start Gparted Partition Editor from System -> Administration,click on partition and choose delete, choose new and create new partition, format partition.Ckj4n.png

Answers

• philetus
    Options

Did you actually format the HDD or run the recovery cds? You need to see if your recovery partition is intact. Try alt + F10 at boot and see if it will still boot into recovery. If not you will need to delete the hdd partition, make a new partition,and format it. You can use the hdd utility in a live linux disk, Hiren's boot CD, and then run your recovery cds.

• cheayudame
    Options

I can run the recovery disks and it lets me go through the process of putting in recovery disk 1, 2, 3, 4, then the system disk again, then in the middle of the language disk it gives the error message "Fail to customize WinRE for recovery utility".

I choose the first option in recovery. I think maybe I should try a different route of the third option but it requires my hard drives to be completed clean before the process starts...any other ideas?

• cheayudame
    Options

And if I were to choose the third option how could I basically erase the hard drive?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I would erase every partition on your HDD and then try to reinstall.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

Download Ubunto and burn iso, boot from cd  and choose try Ubuntu, not install, From a live session start Gparted Partition Editor from System -> Administration,click on partition and choose delete, choose new and create new partition, format partition.Ckj4n.png

• cheayudame
    Options

thanks a ton!